My Photo
Name:
Location: Hartland, Michigan, United States

Thrilled to take a new direction in my career, grateful to own my own home, and rediscovering my artistic nature.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Thank you Veterans and Peacemakers

I consider myself a peaceful person, although I can have a temper. Today, Memorial Day, though is the one day that, regardless of my feelings and beliefs about war, weaponry, and the continual conflict in which Man engages, I am truly grateful.

Grateful to all of those, including my male relatives both soldiers and conscientious objectors, who served so that I and many others can be free.

Thank you for your service in World War II, your service in the Korean "conflict" (my Daddy's run as a gunnery instructor in Biloxi, MS), the challenges you faced during the Vietnam finally-declared-war, and all of the many times you've endured such great risk and especially today in the Gulf and across the world.

My heart aches for those who have lost their fathers, husbands, brothers, sons, and best friends so that I can write and speak freely and so that others might have that same opportunity.

I often question the decisions and choices made on my behalf as a United States citizen, but I never forget the opportunity I have to express myself in the voting booth. You-all make that possible. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home