My Photo
Name:
Location: Hartland, Michigan, United States

Thrilled to take a new direction in my career, grateful to own my own home, and rediscovering my artistic nature.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Dream Cruise--but not the Detroit, MI kind

Tomorrow, July 20, at 4 pm I leave my primary work place and go to the airport to leave on an airplane and fly to Denver then Seattle. I've never been in Seattle. I have a guidebook.

If all goes as planned, I'll be on a Sun Princess cruise to Alaska on Sunday, July 23, returning July 30. I will get to see a glacier before it melts--one of the items on my "I've always wanted to..." list. We stop in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, and Victoria. I get to wear a formal dress and a beaded dress (both bargain purchases!) and jewelry of my own making. I will be traveling with a group of singles--no one I know--sharing an interior cabin with someone I've never met but who is a "match" in gender (female, of course) and smoking preference (no smoking).

I am amazed that I am doing this--for some, a cruise is no big deal and travel is even less of a big deal. I'm not particulary afraid, but as I am so easily content to sit on my bed and read, that getting myself out, across the country, alone, in a big city, on a brand-new adventure--well, this is quite marvelous. How I will fare remains to be seen--I am shy when I am not at work. I am alone most of the time in both my primary work and play. I have been assured by those who know me and who have done this kind of travel that I will be able to set myself aside if I choose and need to have alone time. But I also don't want to miss anything--not a thing! And, goodness, who knows, there might be wonderful rewards beyond the scenery awaiting me!

oh, my! I am achieving a dream. I am about to cruise to Alaska! oh, my!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home