My Photo
Name:
Location: Hartland, Michigan, United States

Thrilled to take a new direction in my career, grateful to own my own home, and rediscovering my artistic nature.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Seven Pounds

What is the price of forgiveness for being the root of an accident?

Is it seven pounds of flesh, literally?

How does one forgive oneself?

Does accident mean without blame?

We have responsibility. If we are all-seeing we might be able to exert responsible action before injury. We could suspend fate or Kushner's chaotic corner of the universe.

I am unable to see each result from each action I take. I am responsible for all, but knowledgeable of very few. If I knew the specific action I could take to prevent a specific result, and I ignored and refused/chose not to act, shall I owe a pound of flesh? or three or seven?

How does one forgive oneself when hindsight directs remorse and the hindsight rarely, if ever, is kind?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home