My Photo
Name:
Location: Hartland, Michigan, United States

Thrilled to take a new direction in my career, grateful to own my own home, and rediscovering my artistic nature.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

A Whole New Season of Theater!

is just around the corner! and it is so exciting. There are a few theaters I haven't been to yet--Stratford, for one, and my local Avondale Players. But there are many to which I look forward to visiting again this season. Michigan Opera Theater will have Porgy and Bess, which I've never seen. The Power Center at The University of Michigan will have You Can't Take It with You by Kaufman & Hart. Stagecrafters in Royal Oak at the beautiful Baldwin Theater offers Fat Pig (a romantic comedy about the love of a "large" woman) in the spring, although I may have to catch West Side Story, particularly if some of my favorite local talent is performing this fall. Adrian's Croswell Opera House will do The Full Monty (in full, I wonder?) this September. Unnecessary Farce by Paul Slade Smith is on the boards of the Boarshead Theater in Lansing, my old stomping grounds and a great place for a weekend away.

And I'd really really love to return to the Shaw Festival to see High Society one more time--an incredible performance I enjoyed in June.

Measdowbrook Theater will draw me, too, as well as my favorite theater group at St. Dunstan's, Cranbrook.

So many plays, so little time, but sooooooooo much fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Happy Birthday Mom!! Your love of arts inspired me to be the person I am today, and I thank you so much for that!!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home