My Photo
Name:
Location: Hartland, Michigan, United States

Thrilled to take a new direction in my career, grateful to own my own home, and rediscovering my artistic nature.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Story People by Brian Andreas

Recently, I discovered a donation to our Friends of the Library group of a piece of matted art by Brian Andreas. Then, in Seattle, I discovered quite a few more, including not only matted art, but jewelry and sculpture. These are my favorite two (which I have now to frame):

No Words by Brian Andreas

I read once that the
Ancient Egyptians had
fifty words for sand

& the Eskimos had a
hundred words for snow

I wish I had
a thousand words
for love.

But all that comes
to mind is the way
you move against me
while you sleep

& there are no words for that.

More Than a Princess by Brian Andreas

Are you a princess?
I said. And
She said I’m
Much more than a princess
But you don’t have a name for
It yet here on earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home