My Photo
Name:
Location: Hartland, Michigan, United States

Thrilled to take a new direction in my career, grateful to own my own home, and rediscovering my artistic nature.

Monday, July 24, 2006

On board--at sea

I do not see land off either side of this ship, the Sun Princess, on its way to Alaska. I'm doing well being at sea, however. I even managed to learn and practice some line dances today incorporating the sway as we go over the swells into the moves.

It's a big floating hotel--muzak in nearly every space, people constantly. The diversity amazes me--every race, every age, and, from dress, every class. There's a big training seminar going on for Camp Logos--a Bible software. A family reunion and other family groups. And, of course, the singles group I'm here with--Singles at Sea, Vacations to Go.

But I'm a bit at sea, too, emotionally, I think. I am so accustomed to being on my own. This is a lot of people. And, of course, that intensifies the soul loneliness.

Prayers go out to Michelle, my cousin, heavily on my mind. A friend, Steve, who just lost his dad. My daughter and her husband about to move. And the ones whose faces I see here--the folks who haven't figured out what's next in their lives either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home