My Photo
Name:
Location: Hartland, Michigan, United States

Thrilled to take a new direction in my career, grateful to own my own home, and rediscovering my artistic nature.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Home again, home again


lickety-split! It seemed like too short a time, of course, when it was over. I am glad to be home, although I immediately missed the Seattle cool breezes and temperatures when I landed in Detroit at 1 a.m. with 86 degrees and 100% humidity! My last day in Seattle was spent mostly sitting in my hotel room, watching the street traffic, and reading--resting up for the immediate return to work on Wednesday morning at 10 a.m. (yep, in the airport terminal at 1 a.m, at work at 10 a.m.!) The view in Seattle of and from the Space Needle on Monday was fabulous--sunny, clear skies, and gorgeous. I hope to be able to link or post some of my 280 pictures, but I'm struggling with the technology here... Meantime, back at the house, when I walked in near 2 a.m. I saw that the packing had clearly been tackled in earnest in my absence. The kitchen is down to my meager dish, utensil, and countertop appliance collection and there are boxes, bags, and assorted piles everywhere. My daughter and son-in-law will be trucking their way Sunday evening to their new home and life in Terre Haute, Indiana and this will be a very big, very empty house once they've left. It will, of course, feel much like it did a few years ago, just divorced, trying to sell my wonderful old (1889) and greatly de-cluttered (e.g., EMPTY) house in the little town of Perry, to end my 150-mile round trip daily commute. Once the queen of second chances, I think I'm now the empress of transition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home